St Ninians United Free Church Stirling

|Home|What's on| History|Links|Photographs| Email|

A short History of

St Ninians United Free Church

The United Free Church of Scotland was formed in 1900 with the union of the Free Church of Scotland and the United Presbyterian Church. In the 1920's negotiations took place for the union of the United Free Church and the Church of Scotland. The union took place on 6th October 1929. A number of members of the United Free Church in the district of Stirling declined to enter this union and continued to worship together. The congregation of St Ninians South United Free Church entered the union but decided to withdraw at the beginning of 1931. Legal moves meant they had to hand over their building to those who remained in the union and so set about the task of erecting a new building in Borestone Place. This buiding was opened on 20th October 1934. Since then we have continued to serve the local community proclaiming the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ our Saviour and Lord.

The origins of the congregation go back to 1773. Click on the link below to read the story of the Church from 1773 to 1934

History of the United Free Church in St Ninians

To read our story from 1934-2004 click on the link below

70th Anniversary page

For family history enquiries please visit here

Family History

© St Ninians United Free Church of Scotland 2001